When should a startup hire a CSO? Access Control #1 - Donnie Hasseltine
Key Topics on Access Control Podcast: Episode 1 – A Security Chat with Donnie Hasseltine
- Skilled cyber practitioners are in high demand, and transitioning to the cybersecurity industry is not a difficult transition for those already practicing cybersecurity in the military.
- Xenon is a tech private equity team that buys and operates B2B SaaS companies, with a focus on distressed assets.
- Acquired startups tend to have a general lack of knowledge of basic security hygiene and where the risks lie in the company.
- There is no such thing as a normal day for a CSO.
- Companies that can't yet afford a CSO should at least put one person in charge of security.
- TeamPassword is a password manager, and password management is a critical tool for not just business but also for individuals.
- It's important to consider what leads to hacks, such as the recent SolarWings hack.
- Addressing computer security vulnerabilities requires addressing the human aspect of security since it may be the source of vulnerabilities