Random but Memorable - Episode 9.2: Minority Report Super Computer with David Bader
This week we discover the real-world capabilities of supercomputers in cybersecurity and how data analysis can uncover insider threats with Distinguished Professor David Bader. We also wind back the clock and look at how far computing has come, from David's work building the first ever Linux supercomputer to the revolutionary chip inside the PlayStation 3. 🎮 🖥
Plus, in Watchtower Weekly, we discuss the recent Okta data breach and also the new password sharing fee Netflix is testing. Finally, if Roo's mind wasn't blown enough, we play the Random but Memorable meta edition of Ridiculous Requirements! 🤯
🏰 Watchtower Weekly
- Okta reveals full extent of LAPSUSS breach: https://techcrunch.com/2022/03/28/lapsus-passwords-okta-breach/
- Ethical hackers prove having a Mac doesn't make you immune to cyberattacks: https://appleinsider.com/articles/22/03/16/ethical-hackers-prove-having-a-mac-doesnt-make-you-immune-to-cyberattacks
- Ukraine recruits "IT Army" to hack Russian entities: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/ukraine-recruits-it-army-to-hack-russian-entities-lists-31-targets/
- Netflix will start testing a fee for customers who share their passwords with people outside their households: https://www.businessinsider.com/netflix-will-soon-test-charging-fee-sharing-passwords-outside-households-2022-3
🎙 Guest Interview – David Bader
- Visit: https://davidbader.net/
- Follow @Prof_DavidBader on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Prof_DavidBader
Ask us anything! Please use the #Ask1Password hashtag on Twitter or send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to ask us a question or chat about today's show? Join the discussion in the 1Password Forum: https://1password.community/categories/general-lounge
🚫 Ridiculous Requirements!
The game where we work together to come up with passwords (not advised) that fit the honestly ridiculous requirements.
📲 Follow Us…
Check out our blog: https://blog.1password.com/
Tweet us @1Password: https://twitter.com/1Password
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1Password/
Find us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/1passwordofficial/
❤️ Review Us...
If you're loving the show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts.