Random but Memorable - Episode 9.0: Puzzle Solving Developer Community with Stack Overflow
This week, we’re joined by Jeremiah Peschka from Stack Overflow to learn why building communities for developers is so important, and how code is reshaping our world in 2022.
In Watchtower Weekly this episode, we also discuss how hacking communities have responded to the conflict in Ukraine and how graphics-chip giant, Nvidia, may have got revenge on its hackers.
Plus, if Wordle wasn’t addictive enough, we also take a look at the lesser-known version: PassWORDLE!
🇺🇦 Ukraine Support Charities & Resources
- ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross: https://www.icrc.org/en/donate/ukraine
- UNHCR - UN High Commissioner for Refugees: https://donate.unhcr.org/int/en/ukraine-emergency
- IRC - International Rescue Committee: https://help.rescue-uk.org/ukraine-dec
- How to avoid falling for and spreading misinformation about Ukraine: https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/02/24/tips-avoid-misinformation-ukraine/
🏰 Watchtower Weekly
- PassWORLDLE! https://rsk0315.github.io/playground/passwordle.html
- Hacking collective Anonymous announced it was ‘at war with Russia’: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-russia-kremlin-website-hacked-b2024046.htm
- Anonymous leaked a database of the Russian Ministry of Defence: https://cybernews.com/news/anonymous-leaks-database-of-the-russian-ministry-of-defence/
- Conti ransomware gang weighs in: “You attack Russia, we’ll hack you back”: https://grahamcluley.com/conti-ransomware-gang-you-attack-russia-well-hack-you-back/
- Nvidia allegedly hacked its hackers, stole its data back: https://www.techspot.com/news/93568-nvidia-allegedly-hacked-hackers-stole-data-back.html
- Researcher 'reverses' redaction, extracts words from pixelated image: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/researcher-reverses-redaction-extracts-words-from-pixelated-image/
🎙 Guest Interview – Jeremiah Peschka from Stack Overflow
- Visit: https://stackoverflow.co/
- Follow @StackOverflow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/stackoverflow
- Follow @peschkaj on Twitter: https://twitter.com/peschkaj
- Visit: https://www.facility9.com/
Ask us anything! Please use the #Ask1Password hashtag on Twitter or send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to ask us a question or chat about today's show? Join the discussion in the 1Password Forum! https://1password.community/categories/general-lounge
🚫 Ridiculous Requirements!
The game where we work together to come up with passwords (not advised) that fit the honestly ridiculous requirements.
This week's game was generated using The Random Recipe Generator by AnalogCyan: https://itadakimasu.app/
📲 Follow Us…
Check out our blog: https://blog.1password.com/
Tweet us @1Password: https://twitter.com/1Password
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1Password/
Find us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/1passwordofficial/
❤️ Review Us...
If you're loving the show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts.