Coffee Talk with SURGe: Ukraine War, GRU Hactivist Coordination, Network Monitoring, Optus Breach
Grab a cup of coffee and join Audra Streetman and special guests David Bianco and Haylee Mills for another episode of Coffee Talk with SURGe. The trio will discuss the latest cybersecurity news, including:
- Officials in Ukraine say they believe the Kremlin is planning "massive cyberattacks on critical infrastructure"
- Mandiant researchers at Google see Russia coordinating with hacktivists in cyberattacks tied to the Ukraine war
- VICE reports on an internet monitoring tool purchased by the U.S. military
- The alleged hacker behind the Optus breach withdraws their extortion demands citing law enforcement scrutiny
- Toolkit to build LockBit 3.0 ransomware leaked
Haylee and David competed in a 60 second charity challenge to explain the concept of domain shadowing.
The team also discussed the Uber hack as it relates to general security practices at companies.