Coffee Talk with SURGe: EU Data, Vice Society Ransomware, Killnet, Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Grab a cup of coffee and join Ryan Kovar, Mick Baccio, and Audra Streetman for another episode of Coffee Talk with SURGe. The team from Splunk will discuss the latest security news, including:
- President Joe Biden signs an executive order outlining a new data transfer framework between the EU and US.
- Ransomware attacks disrupt programming for three Brazilian broadcasters and a bank in Brazil reportedly paid $950,000 in Bitcoin to a LockBit affiliate.
- Healthcare providers associated with CommonSpirit Health are still dealing with outages from a suspected ransomware attack.
- Vice Society adds more school districts to its leak site after releasing personal data of students at Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Lloyd's of London says its investigation into a possible cyberattack found no evidence of data compromise.
- The Pro-Russia hacktivist group Killnet targets the websites of U.S. state governments and airlines.
Mick, Ryan, and Audra also competed in a 60 second charity challenge to name their top takeaway from Cybersecurity Awareness Month.