How Patching Thwarts Cyber Attackers
At SecurityScorecard, we analyzed open vulnerabilities across the entire Internet.
Here are some of our shocking discoveries:
- 53% of organizations have an internal exposed vulnerability (and some have a LOT of them).
- 20% of organizations have 1-10 vulnerabilities.
- 26% have 11-100.
- Over 22% of organizations have thousands of vulnerabilities.
Furthermore, on average, it takes these organizations a year to fix 50% of the vulnerabilities.
That's why hackers often have the upper hand.
Build a mature program that:
- tracks your attack surfaces
- patches vulnerabilities in time
Got questions? Let me know in the comments below.
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only
service with over 12 million companies continuously rated. The company is headquartered in New York and operates in 64 countries around the globe.
#cybersecurity #cyberrisk #cyberratings #linkedin