Outpost 24: Webinar: API Security 101 and how to secure your web applications
APIs provide a great way for applications to connect services and transfer data. But the downside is that with every API created and consumed – there’s an endpoint that could leave your applications and networks exposed to malicious attacks. With Gartner predicting API abuses to become the most-frequent attack vector by 2022, and API calls now representing 83% of all web traffic – API security is the new web application security.
Join our webinar with APIsec and learn how to embed API security into your application security and DevSecOps program to spot irregularities and apply crucial checks.
What you'll learn
- What is an API and how they work
- Fundamentals of API security and the benefits of getting it right
- How a lack of API testing could introduce security issues and impact your DevOps
- Real world breaches as a result of poor API security hygiene
- Demo: How to embed API security testing into the development cycle and ship faster
- Best practice for building an API security program that scales