SANS 2020 Threat Hunting Survey:
Jun 1, 2021
In SANS’ fifth yearly Threat Hunting Survey we examine how the cybersecurity industry is currently supporting threat hunting and how they are conducting threat hunting in their organizations.
- 75% of threat hunting staff perform other key functions in their organization
- 89% of organizations are relying on alerting tools to perform hunting
- 43% of hunting teams are using automated solutions for threat hunting
- 48% of hunt teams are storing threat intelligence in unstructured files
- 52% of organizations find value in looking for unknown threats
- 53% of organizations are using ad-hoc methods to measure the effectiveness of threat hunting.