Obtaining an API key for the Slack API
This tutorial demonstrates how to retrieve credentials on Slack developer website for use with the Slack API. This tutorial covers (i) creating your application; (ii) retrieving your OAuth 2.0 client ID and client secret; as well as (iii) configuring your application scopes.
Steps to follow:
- Sign in to your Slack Developer account - https://api.slack.com/
- In "Your Apps", click on "Create New App"
- Fill the form with your application details (name, workspace).
- Open the "OAuth & Permissions" section to configure the OAuth
- Register the following redirect URLs `https://int.bearer.sh/v2/auth/callback`
- Finally, select the scopes you want to use.
- That's it!